Brea Building Division Adopts New California Code Regulations
The 2019 Triennial Code Adoption Cycle is complete and the resulting 2019 California Building Standards Code (Title 24, California Code of Regulations) is published and becomes effective statewide on January 1, 2020. Online access to the 2019 California Codes is now available at the California Building Standards Commission website.
Effective January 1, 2020
- 2019 California Building Code (based on the 2018 International Building Code)
- 2019 California Residential Code (based on the 2018 International Residential Code)
- 2019 California Electrical Code (based on the 2018 National Electrical Code)
- 2019 California Mechanical Code (based on the 2018 Uniform Mechanical Code)
- 2019 California Plumbing Code (based on the 2018 Uniform Plumbing Code)
- 2019 California Fire Code (based on the 2018 International Fire Code)
- 2019 California Energy Code
- 2019 California Green Building Standards Code
All construction plans submitted on or after January 1, 2020 are required to be in compliance based on the above stated California Codes. Please contact the Brea Building Division at 714-671-4462 or visit our website for specific submittal requirements and/or questions.